Monday 4 August 2008

Catch a wave and you'll be sitting on top of your head


KATY got a ‘boogieboard’ – a cheap surfboard for those of us who can’t surf – and it’s fantastic.
Time it right and a wave will pick you up and throw you right out of the sea and give you a mouthful of beach.

Joined Bill on his afternoon constitutional, which isn’t as weird as it sounds. We went for a walk and he showed me the nice marina he’d discovered, together with posh restaurants and a lovely art deco cinema for when it gets too hot and I miss Yorkshire (it’s showing Brideshead Revisited).

Just got back off the breakwater where I was pretending not to be gazing at the beautiful girls (click for song) in the sea. I run between the two breakwaters before my morning swim. This morning I did it without stopping and I wasn’t sick once.

No comments: